Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Can I board a plane with a fever

Can I board a plane with a fever?
Because I happened to catch a cold a couple days before my flight to Dallas, Texas, and my dad warned me if I have a high fever, I canot board the plane. Is this true? If it is, please tell me the maximum body temperature I can have (farenheit). I have a 99.2 degree body temperature. Will I be able to catch a flight?
Air Travel - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Though you may be able to catch the flight, it is probably irresponsible considering all the people you are putting at risk of infection. My advice is to wait till you are better and then take the flight. You'll feel better too.
2 :
As long as you know for sure it isn't the swine flu. 99.2 isn't a very high temp and people fly with colds all the time. You may have trouble with your ears on take off and landing. I've never seen anybody having their temp. taken before a flight. My daughter came down with chicken pox while on vacation once and we had to fly home with her covered in spots!
3 :
I would not sit next to you.
4 :
yeah that's fine, as long its not over 100
5 :
You can board the plane. And, 99.2 is not a fever.
6 :
If you have a fever, you probably have an infection, and it's probably contagious, so boarding a flight is irresponsible; if you are seriously ill, you could even be held liable for recklessly endangering others. Apart from that, if you are sick with a respiratory infection, you may have serious problems trying to equalize the pressure in your ears during the flight, leading to excruciating pain and (in rare, extreme cases) rupture of the eardrum. It's also very unpleasant to be sick AND in an airplane, when you'd be much more comfortable in bed. A cold won't produce a fever, by the way, and it usually resolves on its own within a week. You're contagious for the first few days. If you have a fever, it's something more than a cold (like the flu).
7 :
Some airports have thermal scanners that detect temperatures that are a little higher than normal. You are taken aside and questioned. I had the same problem with an international flight, I took some aspirins and lowered my temperature and passed the pass-fail on the thermal scanners. I did not have any flu just a normal case of sniffles and slight fever. You do know that more people die of ordinary flu each year than those who have died of this "swine flu!" Bring some hand sanitizer with you to protect yourself and others.

Search News