Monday, September 7, 2009

Night Flight Into Dallas and IKE

Night Flight Into Dallas and IKE?
I'm flying from Philly to Dallas tonight, where I'm scheduled to land at 9:15 Dallas time. I've checked the forecasts with the hurricane. Does anyone think my flight will be delayed, or will the storm hit after my flight is scheduled to land?
Dallas - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I would assume it would be. But It isn't scheduled to hit until 1:00 AM September 13th. But the winds, you might be delayed. Why on earth are you flying to Dallas? Dallas will be affected too. Have you seen the size of that storm. Not as bad as Houston, but rainy.
2 :
Dallas isn't supposed to get any residual from Ike until tomorrow night. But your flight could possible be delayed if the plane for your flight is coming from somewhere that the hurricane is hitting sooner and is delayed getting to your original airport.
3 :
The effects of Ike here in Dallas will not peak until tomorrow morning sometime. I think you will be safe in flying here tonight. You may experience a flight delay however because both airports in Houston will be closed. Hotel rooms may be hard to find because Houston area folks will be headed this way. I would not want to be any closer to Houston than here in Big D. But still, you might want to stay inside until it leaves town. Welcome to Texas!!
4 :
Dallas is about 300 miles from the coast. If anything happens it will be rain. The last hurricane that was supposed to cause problems did not even have any rain fall here. Don't worry about it.

Search News