Thursday, July 14, 2011

Booking a flight to L.A from Dallas... what is up with electronic tickets

Booking a flight to L.A from Dallas... what is up with electronic tickets?
ok so I want to buy a ticket but it says electronic tickets Issue my ticket electronically at no additional charge By selecting this option I agree to the Terms and Conditions of Travel. I understand that I will receive neither a ticket nor a receipt in the mail, but will be able to access and print my receipt online. and if I want a paper ticket, it cost over $100 bucks... I don't get it..why is that? what is better?
Air Travel - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You should be able to get your confirmation number and possibly even select what seat you want to sit in. Once you arrive at the airport, enter the confirmation number in the self-check kiosk and you can print your boarding pass. I think a paper ticket costs more because of the processing fee and having to mail the ticket.
2 :
Airlines are all doing E-tickets. Whenever you call to book your flight on the phone, or go to the airport to buy a ticket, airlines are charging a lot more money. All airlines have shredded their reservations staff, so it does cost a lot of money to pay agents to do phone bookings and postage. $100 too much? I think so, but I wouldn't mess with it when you can do everything from the internet. You'll get an email with your travel itinerary, and your confirmation #. You'll be able to check in for your flight 24 hours in advance as well as change your seat assignments. And depending on what airline you are flying on, you can prepay for any bags you're checking in.
3 :
Hi, Don't be confused and don't worry, E tickets are much safer than old type paper tickets, to give you more idea please refer to this link: http://studenttravel.about.com/od/planyourtrip/qt/etickets.htm Best wishes.

Search News